Aqua Q recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of all information provided by users of our website (www.aquaq.ca) (the “Website”) and our online platform accessible for iOS and Android devices (the “App”) (collectively the “Aqua Q Sites”). This Privacy Statement describes how we handle personal information that we collect, use, disclose, store and otherwise process through the Aqua Q Sites.
Privacy Statement changes and notifications
Aqua Q may change this Privacy Statement at any time and at our sole discretion. We encourage you to check back frequently for any changes or updates. Should we make significant changes, we will notify you of such change by way of a notice on the Aqua Q Sites or by sending you an e-mail prior to the change becoming effective.
What personal information does Aqua Q collect and use?
We collect personal information from you when you supply it voluntarily, usually through contacting us via email, by applying for a job, creating an account, completing a credit application, provide details of your projects, purchase our products and services and/or registering in a secure portion of the Aqua Q Sites. Examples of information we collect and use are:
• Identification information, such as name, username, password, title/position, email address, language preference and location
• Business information, such as name of your business or organization, mailing address and telephone number
• Project information, such as name of project, description of project, location of project, products you purchase, billing/invoicing information and delivery information.
We use this information to provide and manage the Aqua Q Sites, create your accounts, process your orders and communicate with you such as responding to inquiries, complaints, job applications or troubleshooting.
We also review and analyze this information and usage data of the Aqua Q Sites to understand our broad user base, to serve you better, and to offer you other products and services that we feel may be of benefit to you.
Does Aqua Q and third parties automatically collect usage data?
Like many websites and applications, we automatically collect and use certain types of usage data. For example, we gather date, time, browser type, navigation history and IP address of all visitors to the Aqua Q Sites for internal security, trend analysis, systems administration and to aggregate broad demographic information about our user base. In general, we do not associate this type of information with personal information about you except in the case of an investigation into our website security.
You have options with respect to our use of your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes. Those options include:
• Targeted Advertising. If you do not want to receive targeted advertising on other websites, you can opt-out by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada Opt-Out Page: http://youradchoices.ca/understanding-online-advertising.
• Communications. To opt-out of receiving promotional emails from Aqua Q, you may use the unsubscribe mechanism within the email or contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you will still receive certain communications from us regarding our business relationship with you, for example order confirmations and delivery updates.
Will Aqua Q share or disclose my personal information?
• Information is shared within Aqua Q and with Aqua Q’s service providers and agents when required for business purposes. For example, we may use service providers to assist us with data hosting, marketing or deliver products to you. These parties are legally obligated to maintain the confidentiality of the information made available to them, and are restricted from using this information for any reason other than what is specified by Aqua Q.
• We may disclose your personal information in certain circumstances permitted by law, such as when we are ordered to do so by a court with jurisdiction or it is necessary to protect our legal interests.
• We share certain personal information and/or de-identified data with businesses and promotional partners to show you advertisements about products and services you may like.
• We may disclose information to business partners and third parties in connection with the evaluation of, or the completion of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of assets, bankruptcy, reorganization, or liquidation.
What about the security, storage and retention of my personal information?
• We employ physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
• Your information is only maintained in our systems long enough to satisfy our mutual business requirements or to meet any legal obligations.
• Aqua Q and its service providers, including Google and MaxMind, may process and store personal information on servers in the United States and other locations worldwide. Your personal information will be subject to the laws of the jurisdictions in which your personal information is processed or stored.
What about third party websites and links?
Our Website and App may include content that links to third parties. For example, you will be directed to a third party when you browse job postings and submit your resume to Aqua Q. Further, the Aqua Q Sites include social media plug-ins and other external links. We do not control or collect the information collected by third parties and this Privacy Statement does not extend to those websites. We encourage you to carefully review the privacy practices of any website or application you use and/or download to learn about how they manage your personal information.
How do I inquire about accessing personal information or if I have other questions?
You can update some of your information by logging into your profile account. If you’d like assistance in updating your information or would like assistance in accessing or correcting information that Aqua Q may have, please contact our Privacy Officer at: email@example.com.
If you have any questions concerning our Website, App or this Privacy Statement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.